Friday, July 22, 2011

NODCC Regional Gathering - IA, MN & WI, Join the fun



I was recently contacted by Amanda Weichers, the mother
of 3 1/2 year old Beau. Her son, Beau, has partial
Agenesis of the Corpus Callosum and Epilepsy.

Amanda is a volunteer for the National Organization
for Disorders of the Corpus Callosum (NODCC) and she agreed
to put together a USA regional family gathering. Amanda is
specifically in charge of the states of:

Iowa, Minnesota and Wisconsin.

The upcoming regional gathering will take place on:

Saturday, August 13, 2011 at 12:00 p.m. (noon)

AT:

Radisson Hotel by Mall of America/Water Park of America
in Bloomington, Minnesota.

Note: Water Park of America is located right in the hotel

Amanda says:


August will be here soon and I can't wait for our Midwest area
to get together in Minneapolis for our NODCC regional gathering.
I have organized this event in the hopes that families (affected
by a disorder of the corpus callosum) from Iowa, Minnesota,
Wisconsin and any other surrounding states might attend and find
comfort in meeting others that "understand".

I was certainly hoping that more might step forward and be able
to attend, but as of right now there are only 3 other families
besides ours that are coming. Some is always better than none,
so I am grateful for those that are able to attend.

It will be an awesome day with a great meal, great
opportunities
to talk and then fun at the indoor water park.

We plan to follow it up the next day with a trip to the
Como Park Zoo
in Minneapolis.


It will be a nice little vacation for our family from Iowa and
we'll be able to make some new friends as a result.

If anyone else is interested in attending, please contact me for
details. The more the merrier.


Amanda also states:


"Because some states around us don't have a volunteer,
I've been contacted by some in South Dakota and Nebraska
and I've told them they are more than welcome to join us."


Please contact Amanda Weichers for complete details.

Amanda@campfirestoriestv.com




Visit Amanda's new blog about her son, Beau.

3 comments:

  1. The Gosen's want eo say thank you for putting arranging this get together. it was nice to meet new families and to talk with families that understand. We think that we have made a bunch of new firends that we look forward to what we all can learn and teach each other. Thank you Amanda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi my name is Tammy and i have a 8 year son that we found out he has agenesis of the corpus callosum and was trying to get information on and were to start to get help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tammy, I hope that your son who was recently diagnosed with ACC is doing well. I would be happy to share information about ACC with you through e-mail. Please let me know if there is any specific information that you are seeking.

    If you are comfortable giving me your e-mail address, I have several documents and information about ACC pertaining to school/education and much more, that I can send to you through e-mail.

    My name is Sandie and I am the creator of this ACC blog. My e-mail is: hope@aracnet.com

    Please e-mail me.

    I hope to hear from you.

    Sandie *Mom to 18 year old Matthew with ACC*

    ReplyDelete

I am very interested in reading your comments and
look forward to hearing from you. Thank you.